Thursday, December 14, 2006

magic music machine

I've had some trouble with the OpenAL bindings for PySoy.

The goal is to match the direction and velocity from physics space into audio space whenever audio is bound to a 3d object. Unbound audio (such as background music) plays without doppler effects.

It's working on Windows but not Linux or OSX right now, my guess is an inconsistancy in Seth's ODE bindings it the cause as unbound audio is working everywhere.

The audio decode functions I'm leaving to Arc since he has more experience with this. At present only .wav is supported through the Python wave module.

Started work on my M3 Media Player (M3 = "Magic Music Machine") as a demonstration of PySoy's audio support and a cool Ogg Vorbis/Flac player.

1 Comments:

Blogger wrs said...

Thanks for that posting, Zach!

I drafted an audio only virtual 3D space as maybe applicable for mobile phoning, and was looking for a 3D audio rendering API. By referring to OpenAL, your posting did some good to me. Thanks for the posting's links!

Johan

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home